Welcome to my blog.


Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ask not what your Pumpkin can do for you, ask what you can do for your pumpkin!

That's the way the pumpkin crumbles.

I like cooking. I had some leftover pumpkin so I needed to find something to do with it.
My first endeavor was a Turkey Pumpkin Chili. "Pumpkin in chili?!" you ask. You say, "Why Pumpkin" and I say "Why not pumpkin." It was delicious. If you wish to try it:

Ingredients
  • 1 small chopped onion
  • 2 green peppers, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-ish pound ground turkey
  • 2 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I used the kind that was seasoned with onions, garlic, and green peppers)
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can kidney beans
  • 2 or so cups of frozen corn
  • 1 box campbells tomato herb soup
  • 1 can green chiles
  • 2 cups pumpkin puree
  • 3 tablespoons chili powder
  • 2-ish tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

  1. Saute the onion, green bell pepper, and garlic with the turkey, and cook until evenly brown. Mix all other ingredients together. Boil and reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for at least 20 minutes. Can top with cheddar cheese, sour cream, etc.
(this is a stolen picture)

After that...I proceeded to make honey whole wheat pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. They were also delicious.

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
  • 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • Optionals:
  • Chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350. Combine all dry ingredients, add all wet ingredients. Mi
x. Pour into muffin tins. Bake about 18 minutes.

If you try any of these, I hope you enjoy them. Have yourself a very pumpkin day. xoxo!

2 comments:

  1. I thought the pictures looked surprisingly amazing! ha the recipes do sound good though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those muffins were so good! I get excited for what you will make me each sunday :) i love being married

    ReplyDelete