Welcome to my blog.


Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Break = l.o.v.e.

FINALS ARE DONE!!! I can hopefully start up on blogging again now that I'm not so crammed with everything. Each blog post I make a vow to begin blogging more regularly and more thoroughly.... and each time I return to blogland months later with my head hung low, renewing my empty vows.

My calves are so sore today and I am debating on whether it is from the 7 hours of guitar hero we played the other night (I was an all-star drummer) or from a step class I went to earlier that morning. Maybe the combination of the two?

I love Christmas break. Thanksgiving break is ok, but there is still school just looming around the corner. There is still the constant you-should-be-doing-something-worthwhile-besides-eating burden. It's just a tease. This year may not have been the best either because I got a speeding ticket and some young hooligan smashed my windshield with a baseball bat. Over them. Now Christmas break. School is finally done. There are no hard obligations. Just a little work, a little sleep, and doing whatever you want. I have had big, big plans to clean the apartment and go snowboarding. So far, I have done neither, but have still loved it. I've seen a million movies, played x-box guitar hero for HOURS (next challenge: beat World of Warcraft and join a Dungeons and Dragons cult), and eat like its my job. I have found a new favorite breakfast wrap at Guru's. So I mean I have still been productive.

I still am not in the Christmas spirit. I feel the older I get the more Christmas is just another day. But hey, as long as I get my break from school and work, I am ecstatic! We had our annual Sunday Brunch Christmas party at Little America where I think I devoured enough food for a 3rd world country. And I'm perfectly fine with that. Santa made a guest appearance so I reluctantly (aka elbowing the three year olds out of the way to be the first one on his lap) took a seat and told him what I wanted for Christmas. Also, I got NEW RUNNING SHOES today and am sooooo excited about them! Mine are falling apart! I felt like I was walking on clouds when I tried em on in the store. I forgot how nice it is to get new running shoes. Maybe my knees won't hurt as much when I run now :)

4 comments:

  1. This post just made me so happy. I still don't know why you are not a copywriter and making the world laugh :) umm im having guitar hero withdrawals and peppermint ice cream withdrawals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey now, since when did you have a blog! Keep it going girl. I need to keep updated on you somehow. Love ya darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your style!!!
    congratulations honey!
    xxx =D

    ReplyDelete